Pages

11/23/11

Monday Mania



So troubled daughter has a new boyfriend--and she's really smitten with him. She's phyically, emotionally, and mentally attracted to him and what he represents. They're moving fast and have even changed their Facebook statuses (I guess that's a huge deal for young people).

It would normally be just fine, young love, an "awwww" moment, but they're moving really fast. She's been on cloud nine and tells me how special he makes her feel and how he goes out of his way to be a dreamboat.

Now, with all this gushing, she's turned on me. She's suddenly the old daughter again, talking back to me, telling me she doesn't care what I think, she doesn't want to be anything like me, and so on. I thought we had made so many strides in our relationship, but I was mistaken.  Apparently, she's been lying just as much as always and smoking weed as much as always and being secretive as much as always.

She's also taken to destroying her beautiful hair. She trusted someone who has a storefront (I would hardly call it a beauty shop) to change her haircolor to some light, bright red color. But instead of getting that, she's been to the place twice and the girl has systematically ruined her hair. The process has been a nightmare and my beautiful daughter looks horrible. I was upset on Monday morning (two mornings ago) that she has spent so much time on this hair thing and with her boyfriend that I scolded her for screwing with her priorities. She's not doing her school work, she's not keeping up her room, she's not taking her medication...Then I told her she had ruined her hair, and we had a big argument. When I dropped her at work, she screamed at me and then slammed my door shut.

When she got into work, she texted me something that started with, "Screw you. I got five compliments on my hair, so get off your high horse..." and it went on from there. Later on, she apologized and said she felt terrible for what she said, but still argued with me about wearing a too short skirt to walk to the bus.

So I thought we were a little better, and I dropped the issue of her hair for the time being, and she agreed that the girl had made a mess of things and that she was going back the next day (Tuesday) to have it fixed. The girl didn't follow through on their agreed appointment (shows how non-legit this was), so my daughter decided to take hair bleach to her head. She turned her hair bright orange in some places, white in others, and pink in others still--and it now looks and feels like rubber. With her eyebrows colored in and the erradically colored hair, she looks like white trash, almost like a prostitute. (contintued in next post)

No comments:

Post a Comment