Pages

5/10/11

Relapse or Just Plain STUPID?

I'll cut right to the chase. I came home, smelled something funny in my house, and saw my daughter opening windows and lighting incense. I couldn't believe it--my daughter had been smoking pot in my house. At first, I thought I was imagining things, but when I saw the leaves in the toilet and a butt on the bathroom sink, it was too late.

I was beyond...words.

She tried to lie, but it was a futile. I caught her. She was busted.

I told her I was ashamed of her, that I didn't respect her, and that it was inconceivable to me that she would break the law right in my house. MY HOUSE. The house I have worked so hard to provide for her, the home I have made for her.

She begged me to accept her apology and tried to make a million excuses--that she had a bad day, that she throught this would help relax her, that...it didn't matter. They're just cop-outs to me. She's on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds. Now, she's going to add illegal drugs to the mix? Who doesn't have bad days--does that mean we should go out and break the law to make ourselves feel better?

I made dinner and we got through the evening. I wouldn't let her go out because no way was she going to drive under the influence. I also had her go to her car and throw away anything that might be suspect. Remember, she has a history of being stopped and having pot paraphernalia on her. In fact, we have a court appearance scheduled for later this month from one of those incidents.

I had very little to say to her the rest of the evening. This morning, she woke up too late, and again didn't make any effort to show she's a changed person. Left her room a mess, shit all over the floor.

I did get a text message from her:  "mom, im sorry. i hope you believe me. i am ashamed that i chose to sink to the level i used to be on. i cant tell u how much im beating myself up for it. I made you lose your respect for me and i worked so hard to gain that back. I really apologize for my actions. i understand how mad u r. its my fault for smoking. I had a moment of weakness. I regularly take my medication but its just i had a horrible day and i was crushed with emotions. Talking was not on my mind. I started going into my depressed thoughts and screwed up. I smoked a plant and im sorry. I didnt mix drugs cuz i'm not a retard but i do admit i made a mistake. Im not asking for forgiveness but i want u to understand i was extremely used to dealing with my problems that way. I'm not u i have addiction tendencys. To cigs and weed. Im trying my hardest to not depend on it. I did an amazing job for myself and i slipped up one time. i hate myself for it but i cant take it back. You can hate me, play the silent game, whatever, i understand. And i did want you to find it, do u think i wanted to get awas with doing something like that, no." [sic]

What the hell do I do now? I'm still feeling emotional--offended, angry, frustrated, disappointed, even guilty...you name it.

No comments:

Post a Comment