Pages

3/9/16

My Exhausting Daughter

I don't really meddle, but I don't quit either. My daughter has been evasive with me and, I admit, I freak out a little. I assume she's either high or in jail, given her history, even though I should probably give her the benefit of the doubt. She hasn't been involved in either of those very bad things for the last two years. (I heart probation.)

Anyway, I texted her a response at 5 a.m. to an "announcement" she made (via text) that she was applying for a job in walking distance to her apartment. Now, mind you, she just told me she loves her job. Her car is in bad shape, but she also told me her boyfriend (ex-boyfriend?) fixed it and she was going to get it from his house over the weekend.

So according to the information she gave me, she had a car and a job.

After she text-yelled at me for texting in the morning, she ignored me until the afternoon, when she admitted that she was fired from her job and her boyfriend (ex?) was not finished with the car. I could only ask why she didn't reach out to me and all she said was that she didn't want to tell me anything negative. I get it.


I ended up helping her by texting her boyfriend (ex?) to see what his intentions were regarding the car only. I like the guy, I really do, and I wanted to give him options and an out. If he's done with my daughter (and I wouldn't blame him; she's a handful), I'd like to take that car off his hands and let him go on with his life. If he's holding it "hostage" so he can reconcile with her, great, let him fix it and I'll pay him for his time. I just need to know as I'm paying for the insurance on that piece of junk.

There's always drama with this daughter. It never ends and I guess I'll have to face the fact that she'll always be a beat behind. She'll take three steps forward and two steps back for the rest of her life. I don't see it changing. I just pray she doesn't turn to drugs, which is sadly the easy way out for people like her.

The good news is, she assured me that she'll arrange to be back in school now that she's out of work. School is her priority AND it's in WALKING DISTANCE of her apartment.

I'm exhausted just thinking about what goes on in this young woman's mind. If her thoughts were personified, they would be the crowd at a rock concert where everyone is speaking a different language and no one is paying attention to the band.

No comments:

Post a Comment