Pages

12/4/17

Please Get a Job

It’s too bad that my daughter is having such a tough time finding a good job. She had a pretty good thing here, even if it wasn’t that high paying. We thought for sure her skills would translate into something equally good, but it’s been two months and she’s only been offered a warehouse job at just slightly above minimum wage. She’s very disappointed, but hasn’t given up. Maybe it’s because it’s the holiday season and hiring managers are thinking about their Christmas vacations and not their staffing issues?


I came to understand one of the issues: she showed me a picture of what she was wearing to an interview. She looked terrible, shlumpy, unkempt—not a kick-ass chick ready to nail the interview. Her nice, intelligent personality comes through, but she looked wrong. So I went on target.com and put together a decent outfit that looked more polished and professional, and would give a much better impression. The five-piece outfit came in separate packages over the course of a week, but when she got it, she actually loved it and felt great in it. In fact, she wore it to her next interview, which happened to be the second-rate job she got (warehouse), and they hired her on the spot. I wish she would’ve had the outfit (and the accompanying confident) for some of the better jobs she interviewed for and THEY would’ve hired her on the spot.


Today is her first day at the warehouse job, and I just hope she keeps interviewing and moving forward. She has a pretty good attitude, tells me that this is just for some income and she doesn’t intent to stop trying. Again, I pray for her, and I don’t even believe in God anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment