Pages

10/9/20

Twitter Time Part 2

 


More of my fabulous tweets from 2019:

Looking back at my first thoughts on having an empty nest--7 years ago. bit.ly/2T2Z26u

I remember thinking, "I would NEVER [fill in the blank]," and then I had kids. I thought I was perfect, but my daughter, the subject of my Booboos to Tattoos blog, reminded me that you can't predict anything. bit.ly/2DlBpRn

I'd SO love to recommend this to my daughter, but she'd probably block me via text, email, FaceTime, and phone. #notallowedtohelp
Woman tipping hand
bit.ly/2QZ7P7x

How can a child disconnect this way, with no conscience? I don't understand how a child I raised and saw to the end of so many tragedies, and who acknowledges that I have, could be so cruel. bit.ly/2sB7kGZ

I invite you to read about who I am, and feel free to give me advice! I'm a long-time mom but could always learn something from others! bit.ly/2U2OO6i
I’m relatively inexperienced w/Twitter, but I’ve recognized it’s pretty much the place to practice your comedy schtick. Um, yeah, I’m totally not funny.

I’ve been thinking about my estranged daughter a lot in the last few days, and read my very first blog post. How did I ever survive this child?
Pleading face
Exploding head
Woozy face
bit.ly/2W3lHkS

I’m about to go to a women’s social event, where I’ll be surrounded by people who’ll brag about their kid getting straight A’s or dating a doctor. Should I brag about my daughter not being in jail or selling her car to make rent? This is what it’s like being two people at once.

I wanted to thank my new Twitter friends for giving me the time of day. I feel I can be more “real” here, even though I’m still anonymous. I can’t bring myself to tell anyone IRL (except hubby) what I’ve been through with my kid. Bless all your hearts, both loving and snarky!


My daughter has always had suicidal thoughts, so I’ve always stalked her, even rushing to her apt if I hadn’t heard from her in a few days. Can’t do that now—she lives 1800 mi away. But I check her phone records to see when she sent her last text (that’s why I pay for her phone).

Second week in a row my daughter blew me off for our scheduled call. I haven’t heard her voice in two weeks—even her VM msg is the prerecorded one. What does she gain from this?

Distancing yourself from a difficult adult child is like digging yourself out of quicksand with a spoon. But you have to in order to survive. bit.ly/2HtCLxm

From this article: “You might be stuck because of the idea that a parent’s love should be unconditional. While no caring parent gives up instantly, after suffering with no change in sight, it’s okay to give yourself permission to take care of yourself.”rejectedparents.net/estrangement-f

I’ve been keeping secrets about my life experiences for years, even from my husband until recently. It’s become a habit—but I’m embarrassed about the truth while feeling guilty about being inauthentic. This is a really insightful article about my dilemma. psychologytoday.com/us/blog/experi

Realizing I must distance myself from my troubled adult child, it’s time to #celebrate my older daughter for the #joy she brings. She’s a happy, healthy, well-adjusted, hard-working woman & my #bestfriend. So proud to say she recently earned her masters from an Ivy League school!

I hope this is true. I treasure the friendships that I’ve cultivated and would be lost without them. I have so much more to share with my long-time friends. #FriendshipGoals twitter.com/LivPsy/status/

I’m in my 2nd marriage, definitely to my Mr. Right. I always fantasize that if we’d had children together, they’d have been perfect & we’d have had a fairytale family. Not this verkachte Brady Bunch, where the kids don’t even like each other, let alone form a band!

I’m working at home today. I’m finding that I’m actually snacking and tweeting at home today.

My daughter, after cruelly ignoring me for weeks, sent me a random text complaining about some noisy kid in the store. Huh?
Thinking face
It elicited such emotion from me, I had to l: (1) tweet about it and (2) plan another blog post. I didn’t respond to the text yet.

Me: Sighhhhhhhh Hubby: A sigh is worth a thousand words. Me: And you know what they all are, don’t you? Hubby: Yep, and I’m here for you. Me: <3 <3 <3

In case anyone needs to know about the "tattoos" part of Booboos to Tattoos, here's an old post that clears it up. Oy, my life! booboostotatoos.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-ta

Mmmm, omg. That first meal after a colonoscopy!

Finally heard my daughter’s voice yesterday after 3 wks of her ignoring me. We had 11 min of awkward small talk, but at min 10 she tried to get a rise out of me. “You’d hate my hair. I dyed it bright red & shaved the top.” Such immaturity for a 25 yo. Telling myself the 3Cs...

This might not mean much to some, but I just realized I haven’t had a migraine episode for 2 weeks! Not bad for someone who had, like, 15 a month for years and tried just about everything. Happiness is not being medicated and losing time.

Exercise is the answer for so many things, especially (for me) migraines.

I have the inability to stay mad at anyone. My daughter, who’s hurt me in a million ways, just sent me a short text that ended with calling me “Mama” with a
Red heart
emoji, and my heart literally melted. What is WRONG with me? #momforlife #suckermom

My offbeat daughter is moving back to town after changing her plan 3 times. I feel nervous.

Why did my normally wonderful husband choose today to be a total dick?

Tale as old as time: I look great & am dressed really cute, nobody sees me. I do a quick run to Costco looking wretched & everybody I’ve ever known sees me.

Yes, your dog is cute & sweet, & I love sharing my trails. But please clean up after him/her. There is no poop fairy. —Avid hiker who hikes for my mental health & stepping in
Pile of poo
doesn’t help

I recently heard this woman speak about her tragic experiences & how she got to the other side. OMG, she is amazing, inspiring, & possibly superhuman. #reallifehero #unbelievablestory
I learned some things about prayer today—about how it should be approached with innocence, a suspension of disbelief, and unselfishness. This made all the difference in the world for me because I really need to pray the right way for my daughter.

Don’t you hate it when you can’t get a song out of your head? I keep hearing cheesy “Soul Provider” by Michael Bolton since hearing it in Sprouts.
Weary face
What song keeps playing in your head?
My 25yo daughter moved back to town two days ago, but hasn’t been in touch. While I did predict that it would happen, I didn’t predict how much it would hurt. #timetojournal

My daughter is back home (somewhere in this great big city), and hasn’t called me. It’s caused me quite a bit of distress, so what’s an anxious mom to do? Write in stream of consciousness in her journal, that’s what. booboostotatoos.blogspot.com/2019/02/the-gi

I had a great Valentine’s Day—and the best part was having my daughter send me her resume to proofread. You have no idea how happy that made me.
Heart with ribbon
#thelittlethings #momforlife
I woke up with a pounding migraine today and had to take meds to make it through. They made me really goofy and I have to present at a meeting in 10 min. I can barely speak without slurring, so people are going to think I’m high.

Oh, I get it. You have to be one of these to hang with the cool kids on Twitter: sarcastic, miserable, or famous.

25-yo formerly lost daughter is determined to qualify for a mortgage within a year. She’s met with a lender and is taking saving
Heavy dollar sign
and
Upwards arrow
her credit score very seriously. Where is this maturity coming from? Herself. I’m just a consultant. #proudmama

I’ll be mtg the parents of my daughter’s BF this Sun. I’m treating them to lunch to say TY for taking her in until she gets on her feet. I’m excited & a bit nervous b/c I’m sure they’re wondering why, if I
Red heart
her so much (which I do), she didn’t stay with me.#BetterApart #reality

Met the parents of my daughter’s bf today. Mom is a doctor, college professor, and ex-marine. So badass. Talk about humbling!




No comments:

Post a Comment